Do you think this is worth the money?
I had a patio poured about 6 days ago. Let me start by saying that the price was cheap, but I did visit his job sites and the quality was not bad (to my eye) so I went with it. I payed between $5 and $6 sq/ft for stamped concrete patio. Here are some pictures:
Some of my concerns include:
- 3 days after the pour I found cracks around a post and the steps
- Today I have over 8 different spider cracks
- The slab seems very wavy. In some areas you you can feel yourself walking up and down
- I can see tool marks and honeycomb in some places
- The slope away from the house seems to be a little steep
- The pattern is very pronounced in some places and barely exists in others
The cracks concern me the most. There was no wire or re-bar, but fiber was in the mix.
I guess the adage that you get what you pay for applies.
However, is this job worth the money that I am being charged?
Should I be concerned about the cracks?
Is there anything that I can ask the contractor to do to fix some of the concerns above?
Thanks for your opinions.